Friday, October 29, 2010

Twinkie Mummys - FAIL = PERFECT

I saw these adorable twinkie mummies in Women's Day and thought "Oh that will be so fun to make with Monkey!"  I even have things on hand so don't have to spend any money.  I'm really trying to come home from work and do things with her instead of cooking and cleaning all the time.  Besides, making messes means I'm making memories! 



So I gathered my items.
A Box of Twinkies that may or may not have had 10 twinkies to begin with but somehow I only had 5 to work with. 
Popsicle Sticks
Melting/Baking Chocolate
Butter Cream Icing (or store bought)
Candy for eyes

At this point I'm thinking, oh this will be easy, fun, and yummy!  Now the Women's Day recipe doesn't call for this step and I don't know why I have to try and be ambitious and change it up thinking I'll make it better cause history has proven I won't, I'll just mess it up but who learns from history these days?  Sure as heck not me.  So I insert the sticks and freeze the twinkies to make dipping them in chocolate a little easier and this is where FAIL begins to rear it's ugly little head. 


Maximus our "precious" Pomearanian is demanding to be let outside, Monkey is needing a diaper change, Poppa is studying, and I'm still trying to get supper in the oven ALL while I'm attempting to melt the chocolate.  So of course I end up burning the chocolate.  So I start a new batch take care of everyone's potty issues and forget to turn the oven down and am now burning potatoes.  AWESOME!
Open the door to let the smoke out, now Monkey wants to go outside instead of making  mess memories with Momma and the dog is running in and out in and out in and out in and out OMG can I get a glass of wine please! 
Ok wine in hand, much better, all is right with the world, now what was I doing? Oh yeah, burning supper and making something with twinkies.  Who the hell dresses up twinkies anyway, they are already a glob of goodness in your mouth, why mess with a good thing?!  Whatever, dipped the bastards twinkies and put in the freezer to set up quicker.


 
Go to pull out my ButterCream that I always have on hand and I don't have enough to cover 3 let alone 5 and I sure as heck don't have time or energy to make any so my Mummies ended up looking like they had Egyptian Mummy Wrappers (yeah I made that up, I don't know the official wrapping term) who got really lazy and said the hell with it and half wrapped their mummy booty's and threw them in their tomb and said SEE YA SUCKERS! 
Oh and the candy I had were Gobstoppers which were way too big to be considered "eyes" so now it looks like my mummies got squeazed to death prior to being mummified.  AWESOME!  (BTW word of the day today is AWESOME).


 


 
So I'm trying to take pictures of these horrible looking creatures and all the time Monkey is having a blast, loving it, talking to her mummies, and thanking me. So right then I realized I took a fun thing and made it stressful because it didn't look like the picture on a professional decorating website and was just ashamed of myself. I almost let myself steal the joy of spending time with Monkey. So I looked around, saw the huge mess, smoke still coming out of the oven, chocolate covered Monkey face, and soaked it all in. I was making memories.
I took her outside and gave her the little mummy she had been eye balling the whole time and captured shots of her holding her "precious."
So next time you're stressing out over the mess or the project that didn't come out "perfect" or "blog worthy" remember that to your child it is perfect and that's what is important!

She just kept starring at it and smiling!


I kept trying to get her to take a bit and she just would talk to it.


She Loves Him


Finally she takes a bite.


Enjoying her Mummy with her Poppa


She looks like her Poppa but in this picture she really looks like him!

Happy Friday Ya'll
Related Posts with Thumbnails

Copy and Paste Code