Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Dr Seuss The Cat In The Hat Themed Party - All About You Link Up & Winner

All About You Monday, Show Share and Tell with Texas Monkey

Texas Monkey


I do apologize that this is going up today on Tuesday rather than yesterday on Monday.  It was a wild weekend and I'm just now coming up for air.  We will be back on schedule next week I promise. 

I threw a Dr Seuss The Cat In The Hat Themed Party on Labor Day in honor of the new PBS show The Cat In The Hat Knows A Lot About That.  Macaroni Kid Dallas teamed up with PBS to help spread the word and get kids excited about learning Science and I wanted to share the party with you. 

This is the first time to have a party at my house and I was a bit nervous but outside of spilling only one cup of red juice on my light carpet, it was a great success.  Don't feel bad for me, I'm the mom that decided to have red juice at a party full of kids so it's my own fault.  :)

I sent out invitations to my DD's day care, on my facebook, and my subscribers to Macaroni Kid. 




Decorations:
I kept the decorations simple and basic, a few streamers, a few pennant banners, balloons, and some tissue paper pom poms.  I used DD's Dr Seuss books all around and a few stuffed characters that she has.  I made a few candle stick pedal stools and a tissue flower tree.  Poppa (aka the husband) helped me draw and make the Trufula Trees. 






Of course I had my very own little Cat In The Hat there.






Favors:
For Favors we had goody bags filled with all kinds of fun stuff, candy, tatoos, stickers, luggage tags, book marks, and boucy balls.  I gave the moms fun flower vases and the older kids got Science worksheets and the younger kids got reading charts.


Games:
For Games we played Pin The Hat On The Cat which my mom drew for me (free handed) and we used hat stickers for the kids to pin with.  Then we played Hot Cat In The Hat (Hot Potato) and the last one standing got to keep Mr Cat In The Hat and a card game and stickers. 






Food and Sweets Table:
The party was at 10am so I didn't do a whole lot of food but no Dr Seuss party is complete without Green Eggs and Ham.




We had coffee for moms and juice and water for the kids.


I had a small candy buffet set up and the kids and moms got to fill a bag to take home. 

I made Thing 1 and Thing 2 cupcakes and a small cupcake stand.




I made red/turquoise/white candy bark, cake balls, dipped pretzel rods, and rice krispy treats and colored popcorn blue.  I also made The Cat's Hat Marshmallow Pops! The rest of the candy was store bought.






After this the kids sat around watching the show and the moms relaxed and mingled. 
Needless to say Monkey passed out from having such a good time! 

So are you ready for All About You Monday Link Up?


  • Link up a post that has to do with your Labor Day. Pictures of your weekend, traditions, where you went, what you did, Labor Day decorations, etc.
  • OR Link up a craft post that you've done or been working on
  • Grab the All About You Button
  • Enjoy learning more about fellow bloggers.
Come back next Monday where the All About You Theme is all about Fall!

Now on to the Global® Lap Desk And Laptop Skin Set giveaway!

Congrats to Kim on Kim's Krafty Korner who entered her Football Sock Monkey.  Random Org picked #8.  Kim email me within 48 hours to claim your prize. 

Now link up ladies and have fun getting to know all about each other.  Don't forget to come back next Monday and link up about Fall.  Grab our button and spread the Word.

Happy Tuesday Ya'll

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Copy and Paste Code