Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Featured, Awards, and Death By Krispy Kreme

Today in my little recipe corner I want to share with you a treat full of sugar and calories, what other kind of treat is there right?
Krispy Kreme Bread Pudding.

But before we get to that, I've received a few features and blog awards the past few weeks and wanted to take the opportunity to say thank you and give shout outs to these wonderful ladies who have honored my small town blog. 

Post:
Dress Up Cakes With No Stress











Featured By:
Making The World Cuter
Keeping It Simple
Sugar Bee
Midwestern gone Idahoan

Post
Bookshelves For Toddlers









Featured By:
The Thrifty Home

Thank You Ladies, go check out their blogs and hop in on the fun they have there.

Blog Awards:
Life With The Lebedas gave me the Honest Scrap Award.  This blog is full of great giveaways, humor, recipes and more so go check her out.
Jo's Health Corner gave me the Happy 1010 Award. Jo has great info and tips on how to keep you and your kids healthy so go say hi.
Thank you Ladies.

Now enough about me, how about you?  How about sharing this OMG melt in your mouth died and gone to donut heaven recipe?  Ok, you talked me into it.
Ya'll, this thing should seriously be banned from ever touching my lips ever again but let's be honest, I'd eat it every day if my dang Lose It app wasn't telling me I'm 2000 calories over my daily limit.  But when you've got that next church pot luck or neighborhood bbq then you are going to want to show up with this little baby. 
It's a recipe that I use from Paula Deen.  That woman is going to put us all in cardiac arrest but we'll all go happy at least. (Please note this is her recipe but I omit the raisins and the fruit cocktail and just used a dozen and a half of donuts and it was perfect)

Ingredients:
1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk

2 (4 1/2-ounce) cans fruit cocktail, with their juice
2 eggs, beaten
1 (9-ounce) box raisins
Pinch salt
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
24 donuts, cut into cubes (recommended: Krispy Kreme)
Butter Rum Sauce, recipe follows

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Cut your donuts into cubes, you really should use Krispy Kreme but if you don't have access to them, any glaze donut will work but take into account that Krispy Kreme is different sized than most glaze donuts soyou may need to adjust how many you use.

Mix in a large bow your condensed milk, eggs, and seasonings. Pour this over your cubed donuts.



Toss them in the sauce until they have absorbed as much of the liquid as possible. Pour the mixture into a casserole dish and bake for 1 hour. Serve with Butter Rum Sauce.

Butter Rum Sauce:
1 stick butter (what Paula Deen Recipe doesn't call for a stick of butter)
1 (1-pound) box confectioners' sugar
Dark rum

In a saucepan, melt the butter and gradually stir in the confectioners' sugar. Add rum and heat until bubbly. Pour over each serving of Donut Bread Pudding.

Seriously this is sweet and rich so you might want to kill it with a tall glass of milk but sit back and enjoy all the oohs and ahhs and demands for the recipe.
Oh and don't you love how I suggest going to a healthy blog and then torture you with this recipe?  I'm so evil.
Happy Wednesday.
Related Posts with Thumbnails

Copy and Paste Code