Thursday, August 20, 2009

Ribbon Topiary

In planning my monkey's birthday I knew I wanted to handmake everything I possibly could and when I found these adorable ribbon topiaries I knew I had to try my hand at it.



I saw this adorable deocorative center piece on line and just had to make one or 2 for my monkey's birthday party and could later use them in her room. You can go to
Polka Dot Birthday for instructions on how to make these who got it from Vacuuming in High Heels and Pearls.
Matierals Needed:
Styro Balls
Ribbon
Push Pins
Dowells
Pot
Shredded Paper
Paint
Floral Foam.

Basically you're just going to cut your ribbon ( a lot of it) in about 7 inch lengths.  Form a circle and push in the styro balls using the pins.  Repeat until your ball is full.  Add Your painted dowel to the ball and plant it in floral foam in a pot.  Cover with the shredded paper.  That's it!





So try your hand at these, the color combos are endless and link them back to me so I can see them. Have fun.
Related Posts with Thumbnails

Copy and Paste Code